[Coco] coco II sideborder

Simon Jonassen simon at roust-it.dk
Wed Sep 25 15:27:45 EDT 2013

Hey there guys !

after about 6mths break (summer, outdoor stuff etc) i have started
revisiting the COCO II !

6 mths ago i presented a few snaps of an open sideborder on the COCO II -
the routine worked perfectly in an emulator (XROAR) - but it was haywire on
a real COCO due to monitor sync issues..... Sixxie (author of xroar) put the
behaviour down to a bug in XROAR, but I wasn't buying it....

so after more experimentation, I have a routine that puts gfx in the border
on xroar and the REAL COCO II !!!

the routine needs alot of tweaking to be useable, but the possibility is
there !!!

look at: http://www.roust-it.dk/coco/border.jpg

pic shows real PAL COCO IIB (6847T1) and laptop running xroar showing same
sideborder image.....

/Simon :-)