[Coco] RiBBS

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 23:07:34 EDT 2013

Hi Kip,

As RiBBS is a OS-9 BBS application written in Basic09, and including its
share of object-code subroutines, I did not include a specific address for
HDB-DOS. The vhd file is ~5 megs in size, but it is formatted for OS-9 to
the max capacity it could be formatted to. Since I do not use HDB-DOS, I
never calculate for it. I am more of a OS-9 enthusiast.

It wasn't hard to make the vhd. I just made a copy of my existing vhd
drive, removed everything that was not RiBBS related, then copied all of
the archives. The hardest part was copying ocn_os9_ribbs.lzh. It is 1.7
megs. I had to use WinZip to dearchive it, then put as many files as would
fit on a 80-track floppy image, then run MESS to copy the files to the vhd.
It took 3 rounds. I don't have a utility for creating them, so I use a copy
to make a new one. That way I'm sure the image works.

Wayne