[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 11:51:24 EDT 2013

Well I call it protype because in fact it was a prototype made in 1985 by
some company called PHB in Texas. Is what is written in the label :P

I'm doing the schematics and I will try to make it in protoboard, but it
will take a while since I'm a software guy not a hardware.

But yes the circuit is so simple that it can be easily copied. I think the
most difficult part is to find the CRT9128.

I found in china the CRT9128-000P.  I hope is the same ? If the protoboard
works I can see the possibility to make a batch of it.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Al Hartman <alhartman6 at optonline.net>wrote:

> Pretty neat!
>
> Are you planning to make these for sale?
>
> Also saw the CP/M emulator video, which was pretty neat. I remember back
> in the day there was a box that attached to the Coco that was supposed to
> provide a Z-80 CPU and 64k of RAM to run CP/M.
>
> -[ Al ]-
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus)
> Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:44 AM
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
> Subject: [Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready
>
> Watch the video:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=PTeg_6JqZHA<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTeg_6JqZHA>
>
> I'm very happy with the results. Using OS9L1 now is a pleasure for me :)
>
> Something occured to me, since I'm not using the VDG I can switch the CPU
> to 2Mhz right ?
>
> --
> Long live the CoCo

Long live the CoCo