[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 10:54:36 EDT 2013

Very cool.  Have you tried removing vdg/cocoio or whatever the name is for
the modules that drive the coco console?  If you can it should provide a
significant amount of free ram.  The "headless" disk images in nitros9
nightlies or from source work this way and the free ram is very high.

IIRC you should be able to do double speed on the coco if you dont need the
vdg to work, there were some programs in the rainbow that basically blanked
the vdg screen, went into double speed to do calculations and then came
back to regular speed to display results.  Im sure others onthe list will
know exactly the conditions required.