[Coco] DriveWire 4 - Turbo Mode + ROM

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:21:57 EDT 2013

OK I felt like Chris' thread had been hijacked a bit so I started a new one
specifically for this issue.

I got DriveWire 4 up and running on a XP box, the Drivewire 3 ROM runs fine.

Using the DriveWire 4 ROM from here..
http://toolshed.sourceforge.net/snapshots/  it doesn't work no matter what I
set in the server configuration, always errors.  I did short pins 1 and 2
and verified with multimeter.

I had been used a PORT'd .BIN of the rom that was being LOADM > EXEC.  I
then went back and flashed a EPROM with the .ROM file and it wouldn't even
boot..blank screen.   Wondering what was up with that, I started eyeing the
Hex codes in my Flash editor and found something out of whack, or atleast it
seems to me.  All "good" ROMs I've encountered, even the DW3 ROMS hosted on
the Cloud-9 site, begin with the same sequence.

44 4B 20 08 D7 5F 00 . and so on.  None of the roms in the above Toolshed
snapshot archive follow this pattern!  Even the DW3 ROMs in it are
different.  They begin with

00 20 30 4F D0 . and so on.  What gives?