[Coco] newb: Can I use DriveWire with my CoCo 2?

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 07:32:38 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:
> I agree, there is a real need for a complete package. The HDBDOS roms have gone through very little change in the past couple of years so I would say they're "stable" and need a home. I too have searched high and low to find a complte set of roms.
> I understand Aaron not offering the roms or other stuff, but DW4 is his only software. HDBDOS is actually Boisy's though he's released it to open source. And that's where it sits.... as source in the toolshed repository, not even built when you build toolshed.

Yes, HDB-DOS's home is currently in toolshed. Toolshed has many
different things. When you "build toolshed" as Bill refers to, you
just build the host computer/PC tools for Windows/etc. Stuff that
should run on the CoCo is not built by the "normal" makefile. To build
for instance HDB-DOS, you have to go to the hdbdos folder and run
"make". The prerequisite for building HDB-DOS is to have the lwasm
assembler from LWTOOLS, plus the "tools" if you want to make WAV and
disk images. This is a very different process from building the
"tools" so that's why they are separated.

For your convenience, I have added a snapshot build of HDB-DOS to
http://toolshed.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
The zip file contains all the .WAV, .BIN, .CAS, .ROM files built by
default. Please see the Makefile  for more information about what the
different files are for.

As Aaron points out for his software, rather than redistributing these
snapshot files, please refer to the above snapshot folder.

> There needs to be a files download section for the toolshed repo for current builds of the various utilities there... not just toolshed itself.

Yes, that would be nice. We should also make a new release, so people
do not download the release from 2008 or 2010... I hope the snapshots
will be of help until then.

Tormod