[Coco] newb: Can I use DriveWire with my CoCo 2?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 23:19:32 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well I suspect you have just answered my question as to whether the DW3 rom
> will be supported by DW4 or not.  Hopefully those more familiar with
> DriveWire 4 will piece together the rest of the puzzle for you.  I too will
> keep my eyes and ears open.  If you want to check out version 3 of DriveWire
> in the meantime, since you have a ROM for it, you can look at the files I
> linked to previously or from a more official source...
> http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Software/DriveWire3.html
> (Thanks to Mark for maintaining DW3 content despite it being considered by
> some to be 'antiquated')

That page is titled "Drivewire 3 / 4" and is actually not antiquated
at all.  The instructions there absolutely apply to both DW3 and DW4.
I had forgotten how detailed they are, but after reviewing it seems
this one page does contain all the info one needs to use either
Drivewire 3 or 4 on a Coco in most common configurations.

> This pretty much describes my problem. I downloaded DW4 from the official
> site, and nowhere does it say how to do anything to set it up on the CoCo.
> It talks a lot about things you do with the app on the "big iron" side, but
> I had to come here to get help with bootstrapping the CoCo.

I will add a link from the DW4 server page back to the Cloud 9 page
and a note that the instructions there are completely applicable to
both versions of the server software..  This should provide all the
info needed.