[Coco] newb: Can I use DriveWire with my CoCo 2?

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Sat Sep 21 20:32:39 EDT 2013

You don't need a ROM to load a Drivewire image via the cassette port. Having
one in a Cartridge or in your disk controller just is more convenient.

There's a video on Youtube of someone demonstrating Drivewire, and starting
up the Coco from an image through the cassette port. If you have a floppy
drive, I'd recommend immediately creating a floppy with the floppy version
of HDBDOS untill you get a ROM for your disk controller. There's one on eBay
for a Coco 2, currently selling for $9.95 I think.

-[ Al ]-