[Coco] newb: Can I use DriveWire with my CoCo 2?

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 21 20:18:13 EDT 2013

I have been running DriveWire 3 on my CoCo 2 pretty well.  I  realize you
are probably trying to get DriveWire 4 up and running, but I have some
materials and resources that may still be of use.  Check out my CoCo area
here for the "DriveWire" folder..
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4fzk73i24xo77/TRS-80_CoCo

Note that a Serial Drivewire cable is required regardless of version (and I
think the DriveWire 4 *might" be able to run faster baud rates on a cable
that has extra wires/pins used, someone can chime in on this that knows more
about that)

The "drivewire.zip" file in the folder contains CoCo2 ROM's (even one that
can be CLOADED from Tape.)  If you can't get the file converted to audio or
tape, I could do a .WAVE for you to play via your laptop for CLOADING to the
CoCo 2.

Let me know if I can help further.