[Coco] Little Johns 8 slot MPI

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Sep 21 13:39:18 EDT 2013

On Saturday 21 September 2013 13:27:03 Chris Osborn did opine:

> On Sep 21, 2013, at 9:58 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > But when loaded into eagle, I find the .brd is 6.05" wide front to
> > back and I would need about 1.5" more Y axis travel than my mill has.
>
> One way around that is to drill some holes for alignment pins into the
> sides of the board. Mill half the board, then turn it around 180° and
> remount it on the same alignment pins, and mill the other half.

Now thats a thought, but who makes a 'slicer' for gcode that would cause it
to stop at the correct place?  Doing the 180 rotate is easy, just swap the
math signs with a global replace. Making a pallet with the pins is trivial,
its stopping the gcode thats tricky. If the machine hits the end of its
travel coming to me, the screws is unscrewed from the drive nut, and if
going away from me, the back of the table hits the post. In either case,
LCNC's vision of where the motor is based no how many steps in which
direction it has sent to the motor is trashed.  So the code itself has to
be stopped, the tool lifted clear and left cutting air until it next comes
back across that threshold, at which point an x move to the next cut,
followed by lowering it back to cutting height in order to resume...

I know we have a re-gcode utility but not if it can do that.  I'll check.