[Coco] RS232 Pak needed

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Sep 21 02:54:29 EDT 2013

On Saturday 21 September 2013 02:41:58 Steve Bjork did opine:

> Yes, that is my point.  The Pic (Micro-controller) will handle the
> Rs-232 handshaking to control the flow of data.
>
> You could even take it up to the next level and let the Pic do the block
> and crc checking.  We know the data going from the CoCo to the new UART
> board is good.  So, let the Pic handle the the Data blocking and error
> checking to get the data to the other end in a new data transfer mode.
> This would be a big help for programs like Drive Wire under OS-9.
>
> Steve

So we both understand the problem and the direction the solution should
take.  So now I need the eagle files to make the proto boards.  And I have
zip knowledge of pic code, so I would rather stick to carving the hardware.
That I can do, with an elapsed time of about 30 minutes per square inch of
board/side, my spindle is too slow to move any faster.

I, like everyone else here, downloaded Little Johns 8 slot MPI replacement
design, but haven't tried to load it up and error check it as I don't think
my free unregistered eagle version could handle a board that big.  Has
anyone else tried?