[Coco] Rare item: PHB 80 Column card - Yes PHB not PBJ!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Sep 20 21:12:58 EDT 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013 21:06:55 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) did opine:

> Ok got the FF78/79 as registers by randomly pokeing things.
> Investigations proceed.
IIRC the other 2, which s/b at $FF7A & $FF7B, may not be readable.  But
this is sure sounding like mine, which I had to re-adjust to $FF78-7B

If you find something at $FF76 or 77m then its the original broken adress
as that used half of each of 2 adjacent 4 byte wide blocks.  Thats a
hanging offense on the coco, wasting an address block that way.

The other addresses you quoted are in the middle of the GIME on a coco3.
That is an absolute no-no.

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) <
>
> retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I got this prototype and no drivers:
> >
> > https://twitter.com/RetroCanada76/status/381207331813343233/photo/1/la
> > rge
> > https://twitter.com/RetroCanada76/status/381211654903459841/photo/1/l
> > arge
> >
> > I don't believe you ever heard of it. The label says:
> >
> > PHB COMPUTER PRODUCTS INC.
> > 1923 ANTOINE DRIVE-SUITE B-3
> > HOUSTON TEXAS 77055
> >
> > PROTOTYPE 80 COLUMN CARD
> > FOR
> > RADIO SHACK COLOR COMPUTER
> >

> > But I may ask: Just looking to the photos is it possible to find which
> > hardware register is this card set ? The PBJ uses FF98/FF99/FF9B but
> > what about this one ?
> >
> > And how close to the 6845 would this beast be ?
> >

> > thxs!
> >
> > --
> > Long live the CoCo

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

The man who understands one woman is qualified to understand pretty well
everything.
		-- Yeats
         law-abiding citizens.