[Coco] DW4 Turbo 230kb mode was : Eureka!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 19:49:58 EDT 2013

Aaron I agree 100% with you.
I would go as far to so it's almost out of hand. Too many systems are being built from one source and eventually too many IF THEN ELSEes get lost in the mix.

But the problem I'm talking about is the fact you CAN'T build you own "custom" boots OR use Cocoboot for the simple reason that the "custom" modules you need are not being built along with the repo disks. And if they are being built, they're sitting in the repo modules folder or some obscure folder instead of in the nitros9/6x09Lx/modules folder on the Nos9 dsk were they belong.

With that, Let's say someone downloads some disks from the repo and wanting to make a bootdisk for VCC... not VCC becker... just plain old Vcc. Guess what? Go looking for the EmuDsk.dr, dd_h0.dd or h0.dd.... They are NOT in the nitros9/6x09l2/modules /rbf folder on a Nos9 dsk.... and they are not even in the  ../levelx/modules folder in the repo.
They are way over in the 3rd party/drivers/emudsk just sittin there. Built.... but unused.
Now... tell me the average percentage of people here that use the Vcc emulator and I'll tell you the average percentage of people that are either using an old build of nitros9 or using the emudsk driver from the old build with the new build because they didn't know where to find them. A lot of people do not even know how to get into the repo sources much less build it. I just recently have grasped the concept and up until then, I had to rely on what was in the download section.

The same thing applies to the dw4read.asm and the dw4write.asm for the dw4 turbo mode... except they are not even being built at all. And those are not the only ones.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com