[Coco] I Really Do Have A Green Mountain Micro Color Burner After All!

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Tue Sep 17 20:17:12 EDT 2013

Hi Guys!

I finally found the eprom burner I use to use years ago and as I thought, it
is a true Green Mountain Micro Color Burner complete with the black plastic
case.  The Color Burner work disk a copy of which I have given to several of
you guys is the real deal along with a few DOS binaries I burnt to eproms
way back in the day and still have, so you could say this is a blast from
the past! J  Ha! Ha! Ha!

I have however modified mine to allow it to rest on the table while in
operation.  This makes it much easier to change personality modules and
eproms as needed during the burning process.  I also found the power supply
I built to go along with the Color Burner so I would not have to buy so many
batteries.  The setup is a bit of a kludge and definitely the work of a
budding electronics engineer, but it worked very well and I was very proud
of my accomplishments.  J  I used a Coco cartridge prototype PCB from Radio
Shack to create the interface I needed to connect the Color Burner to the
Coco slot or a MPI slot via a 40 conductor ribbon cable. I'm thinking about
writing up an article about it for the Glenside Color Computer Club
Newsletter and of course I'll be updating my cocopedia.com web page with all
the details about how I made it complete with pictures.  Take care my
friends!

Kip