[Coco] Coco 3 - 1 meg or 2 meg upgrade?

Daniel Campos daniel.campus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 20:01:07 EDT 2013

Em 17/09/2013 19:57, Al Hartman escreveu:
> Daniel,
>
> I love the clone computers. Especially the LZ Color 64. That case
> looks like the silver case, just painted grey.
>
> How compatible are the two clones with a standard Coco?
>
> - Al -

Originally, the Color64 came with 300ns RAMs and OS9L1 and NOS9L1 frozed
every time when I tried to load them. Someday I changed the memory for a
200ns batch and now OS9 and NOS9 works just fine. Taking that, it's full
compatible and follows almost the same schematic of a CoCo1. The most
significative diference for a normal CoCo is the professional keyboard
made with reed switches. Pure pleasure to type.

The MX-1600 was a poorly made clone. As you can see, it was made with a
single sided PCB and bad sockets. The cold welding problems are
frequent. I already bought new sockets to change on the board, but is a
delicate process. That said, it has good features like a pause switch,
monochrome video ouput and standard conectors for Atari joysticks (no
adapter needed).

Daniel