[Coco] Making Progress...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Tue Sep 17 15:03:49 EDT 2013

My 128k Coco 3 is up and running with one of the FD-501’s I bought on eBay. I have a second drive to mount in the case, and then I need to build a Drivewire cable.

Once I sell some stuff I have listed on eBay, I’ll get a 512k upgrade from Cloud9.

The Coco 3 didn’t start at first, but pressing down on the GIME chip to reseat it, fixed it. This Coco 3 had a bad 6809. I borrowed one from a Coco 2, but eventually, I want a 6309 Hitachi Chip and one of Cloud9’s Protectors.

I also found a Coco 2 which is all tricked out with a lowerkit, TV Buff, and a Reverse Video Mod. I have to hook that up and see if it still works. After that, my TDP-100 and Dragon 64.

- Al -