[Coco] Archive programs

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Tue Sep 17 13:55:34 EDT 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 6:01 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Bill,
>
> For OS9:
> .ar = Ar
> .pak = unpak & pak
> .lzh = Lha  & Xlh (need both)
> .arc = dearc
> .arj = unarj
> .zip = unzip & ccunzip
> (i'm sure there are more)

Bill,

There is also LZH used for .lzh files. I have it somewhere and you will need it because on its default setting it created .lzh files which were not compatible with other ,lzh archiving programs.(Go ahead, ask me how I found out :-D ) There are probably still a number of these files floating around, and if you find a .lzh file you can't open or gives errors that might be the reason why.  I also believe that there was an incompatible version of .ar done by someone as well, but the details are a bit foggy.

Dean