[Coco] VCC and serial comms

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Tue Sep 17 13:11:16 EDT 2013

You guys are freaking studs...

Awesome!

Tony

---- Original Message ----
From: "Aaron Wolfe" <aawolfe at gmail.com>
Sent: 9/17/2013 1:07:29 PM
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] VCC and serial comms

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM, tonym <tonym at compusource.net> wrote:
> Would that stuff work to all serial comms into standard stuff under OS-9, say, like the OS9L2BBS and such? /T1 OS-9 terminals?

Yep.  OS9L2BBS, SuperComm and UUCP are all tested and pretty much work
fine.  You can provide remote OS9 shells via telnet or telnet to
remote hosts from OS9.  DW4 presents Hayes compatible modems on the
virtual devices (/N1 to /Nx depending on how many you load) so
anything can work, though some things that write directly to hardware
or use their own drivers may not without some changes.