[Coco] MPIs & Cartridges With Solder/Tin Contacts Can Now Be fixed With A Gold Contact Plug Upgrade!

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Sep 16 01:20:58 EDT 2013

That should be a permanent solution, assuming it works.  However, I
never encountered an oxidation problem with rompaks  or disk
controllers that my trusty pencil eraser couldn't cure, for a few
months at least.  Are others encountering more stubborn versions of
the oxidation problem?

Certainly, if you're in a situation where a disk controller
malfunction at an inopportune moment might result in disastrous data
loss, the gold contact solution would be much more attractive than the
occasional application of an eraser or other cleaning method.

Art