[Coco] FD-501 w/ 3 1/2" added

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 21:08:20 EDT 2013

just one info the coco cable twist is not the same as pc twist. on a coco you myst twist pins 10-12 and not 10-16 as the pc.

On 2013-09-12, at 5:17 PM, Al Hartman <alhartman6 at optonline.net> wrote:

Exactly what is not working properly?

What kind of drive are you using? Can you tell me the make and model number?

The existing Coco Drive should be Drive 0. The 3.5" as standard, should be set to drive 1.

I'm assuming it's a 1.44mb high density floppy drive. You will only be able to use low density media, as the Coco Controller will be unable to communicate with the drive in high density mode.

I recommend ADOS in order to set the drive as 80 tracks, double sided. You will be able to use the drive that way.

If you provide more information, we can be more helpful.

- Al -

-----Original Message----- From: Bill