[Coco] Update on CoCo Book

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Thu Sep 12 17:58:21 EDT 2013

I'll follow up Bill's post with a "ditto." What we're after is to show the publisher that there is a market for this type of work.

Bill can correct me if I'm wrong, but most books of this type which document the history of other platforms (Commodore, Atari, etc) have been self-published ventures. In our case, we landed a very reputable publisher, Taylor & Francis. This is quite an accomplishment given the landscape.

To their credit, they took a bit of a risk on this book, which is very different from their ordinary offering of highly technical, higher education text books. By sheer determination (and some luck), Bill and I sold them on the idea, and so here we are.

Now we're doing everything to make sure that it's a success and sells well, because if it is, it's also a success for the CoCo community, as well as the broader retro-computing scene.

Best regards.
Boisy G. Pitre | Founder
Phone 337.781.3570