[Coco] Regarding a cheap floppy emulator

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Tue Sep 10 11:22:15 EDT 2013

This is schematic for the cartridge.

http://www.bighole.nl/pub/mirror/homepage.ntlworld.com/kryten_droid/coco/coco_tm_37.png

Cloud9 used to sell Drivewire cartridges, and they do come up on eBay from
time to time.

But, if you look at the size of the file that you need to burn to ROM in
this file.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Software/drivewire.zip

It's only 8k, which will fit into a ROM pack fine.

You could buy any game, remove the soldered in ROM, install a socket and
patch any missing lines according to the schematic, and off you go!

If someone wants to produce cartridge PC boards that will fit a standard
cartridge case, I'll buy a bunch!

Al