[Coco] Regarding a cheap floppy emulator

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Tue Sep 10 09:38:55 EDT 2013

Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:54:53 -0700
From: Chris Osborn<fozztexx at fozztexx.com>

I wrote software to use my Raspberry Pi as a disk drive for the Commodore 64, and I use it completely headless. There's no monitor or keyboard connected (except when things go terribly terribly wrong). I have wifi on it so I don't even need to plug in ethernet. I just ssh into it when I need to do things. I'm also able to use it for a disk drive for the Atari 800 in the same way.

I plan to eventually box it up and put it in a case about the size of a disk drive. Right now I just have it mounted to a piece of plywood. There's an aluminum bracket that I mounted the power switch and some D-sub connectors to for I/O. I'm working on making it into a peripheral that can do services for all of my retro computers.

Exactly what I was thinking (and mentioned to Chris in a previous post)!!
So you plan on making this work for a CoCo too??

And along those lines... won't Drivewire work headless once set up on something like a RPi?

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine