[Coco] Regarding a cheap floppy emulator

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Mon Sep 9 14:17:39 EDT 2013

I played around with a China (affordable) emulator and verified, as
expected, that although they work fine in a PC with 720 or 1440 images,
they do not work in the coco.  The cheaper emulators are not
configurable in any way, and always expect 80 tracks, 9 or 18 sectors
per track, 512 byte sectors.  I was hoping against hope that with coco
being 35 tracks, 18 sectors, that the emulator would live with it, but I
think the 256 vs 512 byte sectors was a deal breaker.

-RobertH