[Coco] Someone pulling my whole site

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Sep 8 22:25:17 EDT 2013

On Sunday 08 September 2013 22:13:14 Tim Fadden did opine:

> On 9/8/2013 6:58 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > If you belong to a coco owning group, and have an unidentified IP of
> >
> > 98.201.44.145
> >
> > Which neither dig, whois, ping or any of the traceroute variations
> > seems to be able to elicit a proper response from, please identify
> > yourself.
> >
> > Otherwise that address stays in the deny file TFN.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> You probably  already have this.  but:
>
> This is a comcast user addy.
>
> who do we know in League City, Texas?

The only Texan I can think of (on this list) would be George R.  But I
can't imagine he would setup a recursive loop.  Its been pretty steady
since about 16:00 this afternoon.  By 22:00 when I blocked it, I would have
thought the whole thing could have been sucked 2 or 3 times.

The comcast I had figured out but that was as verbose as I could seem to
suck out of whois or dig from here.

>     ftp://98.201.44.145
>     <http://filemare.com/browse/98.201.44.145>/shares
>     <http://filemare.com/browse/98.201.44.145/shares>
>
> also known as ftp://c-98-201-44-145.hsd1.tx.comcast.net
> <http://filemare.com/browse/c-98-201-44-145.hsd1.tx.comcast.net>
NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0"ty

> Tim
> Shared <http://filemare.com/browse/98.201.44.145/shares/Shared>
> 3.6GiB 1 month ago

Probably a cable modem whose IP is fixed even if its in a dynamic block, it
hasn't restarted from a different address so far.  All I can retrieve from
the logs is:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0"

Thanks Tim.