[Coco] FDRAWREAD

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Sep 7 11:32:46 EDT 2013

Bill wrote:
> I meant the fdrawread driver for VCC. I already have the fdrawcmd installed,
> but don't know exactly what to do with it.
>
> Thanks

Not sure what you guys are talking about. The only reference I've seen that is
reliable regards VCC is the following from the VCC pdf.
1) The host computer must be running Windows 2000,XP or Vista. Note I have only
tested this on XP so far.
2) The host computer must have a supported Floppy disk controller chip, (μPD765a
or equiv.). A USB floppy drive
will NOT do.
3) The FDRAWCMD driver must be loaded. These drivers were written by Simon Owen
and can be downloaded
from his website here: http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/
Download and run the fdinstall.exe file.
There are two drop downs. One for each Physical disk drive you may have. Simply
select the Virtual disk drive from
the dropdown next to the Physical disk Letter. For Example: To Map Virtual disk
1 to real Drive A:, Select "Drive 1"
from the dropdown next to A:.
The above may not need to be followed exactly. My WinXP system does not have
fdrawcmd.sys installed as a floppy driver. It is merely in the VCC directory.

The whole point of fdrawcmd is that it permits access to the floppy hardware so
that VCC can read real 3.5" disks as well as .dsk images. The selection is made
from the VCC memu in FD-502 config.