[Coco] Drive info

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Sep 6 21:52:10 EDT 2013

 On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Bruce W. Calkins
<brucewcalkins at charter.net> wrote:

> Extended Color Disk Basic (ECDB) does not support 40 tracks and will trash
> the extra tracks should it encounter one.  You WILL need to keep your 40
> disks away from a normal ECDB system.

I believe you're mistaken in the first sentence, though the second
sentence is correct.  Standard DECB will ignore any tracks beyond 35.
However, if you have 40-track disks created using a modified Disk
Basic such as ADOS, writing to them using standard DECB will result in
the portion of the granule allocation table corresponding to the extra
tracks to be trashed, which may be what you were referring to.  The
data on the extra tracks is left intact, for all the good that will do
if the GAT is trashed.

Art