[Coco] How to generate BASIC line pointers ?

Johann Klasek johann+coco at klasek.at
Fri Sep 6 17:22:24 EDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 10:54:23PM +0200, Jens wrote:
> >>And what's about "machine code starting address" and "machine code loading
> >>address" ?
> >

> >I think, these have to be provided using parameters or reasonable default
> >values
> >(which must not harm the system).
>

> Anyone knows more about theses addresses? Where can i find defaults values?
>
> I try to inspect some wave files here:
> http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4341

If you translate the starting address and loading address in to ASCII
you get the first characters derived from the filename (maybe just
the first four) ...
E.g.:

Examples from the Manual - 39~58 [run].wav
Filename is missing in the post (maybe EX39...)
machine code starting address: 0x4558
machine code loading address: 0x3339
-> EX39

Filename: 'SUPER-D'
machine code starting address: 0x5355
machine code loading address: 0x5045

-> SUPE

Maybe by convention of the save routine in DECB.

Johann

--
The dragon on my side: http://klasek.at/hc/dragon/