[Coco] Gene's Web Page

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 2 19:55:45 EDT 2013

On Monday 02 September 2013 19:38:21 Chris Osborn did opine:

> On Sep 2, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> cmd> telnet coyoteden.dyndns-free.com 85
> >> Trying 204.111.64.149...
> >
> > Telnet is not allowed, too big a security hole. ssh is, but the passwd
> > is
> > looooooooooonngggggggggerrrttttthhhaannttthhhaaaannnnttttthhhheeeNNNN
> > SSSAAAAAA can guess in a few centuries.
>
> I'm just using telnet as a quick&dirty diagnostic tool. You'll notice
> that I'm trying to connect on port 85. If it connected I could type in
> the GET command to the HTTP server and get a response.
>
> Still can't connect.
>
> Would a traceroute help?

I doubt it, I'll get somebody local that is familiar with dd-wrt to double-
check my settings.  The DHCP server in it quit some time back, and I did a
reset to defaults last week and then reset everything the way I remembered
having it.  But apparently I've missed something.  Humm, I should have a
backup from when it was working, maybe I should try that.  BRB.

Unforch, that backup is too old to be on an available disk, and may have
been over written when I updated to Ubuntu-10.04 2+ years ago.

I just changed the source-address:85 to lan-address:85, see if that works
now please.