[Coco] Drivewire4 - Java problem

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 09:27:21 EDT 2013

but you cannot share the same serial port.

On 2013-09-01, at 9:03 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Hi,
> After a complete (reformat) re-installation of my Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit system and re-installing the latest Java package, I've noticed that when I run Drivewire4 then close it, I cannot reopen Drivewire 4 until the java applet removes itself from memory. This sometimes takes a few minutes. If I click on the DW4 icon during this time, nothing happens. When the java app finally disappears from the services list in task manager, I can once again run Drivewire.
> In my previous Windows install (same version of windows and java) I did not see this problem. Since I use both 32 bit and 64 bit browsers, the Java site suggested I install both 32 & 64 bit installations of Java. I'm pretty sure I had the same thing on my previous install of java.
>
> Multiple instances of DW4 are not happening either. Before, I could run several instances of dw4. Now after starting the first instance, no other instance will start.
> I feel this is a Java problem and not DW4. Does anyone know what may cause Java not to close itself after the dw4 software closes?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill Pierce

With a WinXP 32-bit system and the current JAVA package, I can almost get two DW4 windows functioning. There is an error message which may well explain what is necessary to really get multiple windows running.

D:\Coco\DW4>java -Xmx256M -jar DW4UI.jar --backup
01 Sep 2013 08:50:50 INFO  [dwserver-8    ] DriveWire Server v4.3.3o starting
Error 0x5 at ..\src\termios.c(887): Access is denied.

Warning: NineServer port already in use.  Is another DW4UI running?