[Coco] Drivewire4 - Java problem

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Sep 1 08:10:49 EDT 2013

Hi,
After a complete (reformat) re-installation of my Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit system and re-installing the latest Java package, I've noticed that when I run Drivewire4 then close it, I cannot reopen Drivewire 4 until the java applet removes itself from memory. This sometimes takes a few minutes. If I click on the DW4 icon during this time, nothing happens. When the java app finally disappears from the services list in task manager, I can once again run Drivewire.
In my previous Windows install (same version of windows and java) I did not see this problem. Since I use both 32 bit and 64 bit browsers, the Java site suggested I install both 32 & 64 bit installations of Java. I'm pretty sure I had the same thing on my previous install of java.

Multiple instances of DW4 are not happening either. Before, I could run several instances of dw4. Now after starting the first instance, no other instance will start.
I feel this is a Java problem and not DW4. Does anyone know what may cause Java not to close itself after the dw4 software closes?

Thanks

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia