[Coco] Copying CoCo diskettes to PC

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:09:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> No commercial USB floppy will do 256 bytes sectors :(
>
> There is the expensive KryoFlux:
>
> http://www.kryoflux.com/
>
> But I have no experience with it so far.

I do - made the mistake of buying one last year.  They have lofty goals,
but last time I used it the software support for a lot of common formats
was lacking.  In particular, it has a lot of issues with 8" diskette
formats.  Disks that a real WD-style controller had no problems with just
threw it for a loop.

Some things do work well, but it's got a ways to go.

Steve