[Coco] Color Computer Mouse Question

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 22:11:51 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27 2013, Mark J. Blair wrote:

> Now I'm more confused. I was only aware of the CoCo mouse that plugs in to
> a joystick port (?). Was there also a serial port mouse? Wouldn't that
> conflict with using a printer?

I recall a serial mouse option being available mainly for use under OS9
through a real serial port (RS232 pak) - I assume a serial mouse could also
be used in RSDOS provided a proper driver is written to use the RS232 Pak,
leave the bit banger port in the CoCo free for the printer.

The other hi-res capable mouse/joystick solutions I am aware of are
Colorware's Hi-res interface (Pak) designed for CoCo Max II and the Radio
Shack hi-res interface which requires connection to the cassette port as
well as to the needed joystick one, and a ML driver to run it.

-- RP