[Coco] Color Computer Mouse Question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Oct 27 21:48:36 EDT 2013

On Sunday 27 October 2013 21:43:52 Mark J. Blair did opine:

<alxevans at concentric.net> wrote:
> > The Radio shack mouse used incremental encoders internally, but
> > produced an output that simulated two potentiometers the same way as
> > the Wico trackball controller for the CoCo operates.
>
> Wow, that's odd! Was there any way to get access to the encoder pulses
> in order to get better than 64x64 resolution with standard CoCo
> hardware?

FWIW, my seriel mouse has whatever resolution the screen its running on
has, or a subset of 192 vertical x 320 horizontal IIRC.  IIRC the multivue
interface decimates that down to the multivue screens resolution.  Does 3
buttons too.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too
dark to read.
		-- Groucho Marx
         law-abiding citizens.