[Coco] [Spam] hardware scrolling

Simon Jonassen simon at roust-it.dk
Sat Oct 26 18:07:55 EDT 2013

So... You got it working.....???

/Simon :-)

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] På
vegne af Steven Hirsch
Sendt: 26. oktober 2013 23:52
Til: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Emne: Re: [Coco] [Spam] hardware scrolling

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:
>

>>> Nope.  No luck.  All unavailable.
>>
>> All worked fine, and still do, from here.  Using FF on linux.  I
>> wonder if in your case, its the codec that is unavailable?  Looks
>> like it is ID'd as shockwave-flash.
>
> Yes, but it's some flavor of flash that Chromium on Ubuntu 12.04
> cannot digest.  Other videos work fine, but these will play only on
> Firefox (which I'm moving away from due to, where do I start.. memory
> leaks, degraded scrolling after being up more than a day or so and
> general sluggishness - some trick on a 4-core i7 clocked at 4.5 GHz.
> with state-of-the-art Nvidia display adapter).

Following up on my own post:  It seems that the problem is Chromium trying
to use HTML5 to render videos.  Works for some, but not others.  After a bit
of Googling I discovered it's a relatively common problem that requires a
third-party "script" (extension) to fix.  After installing YouTubeCenter it
uses the Flash Player for everything and all's well.

Steve