[Coco] Blank EPROM-based Program Pak Boards: Status Update

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Oct 22 21:48:29 EDT 2013

On Oct 22, 2013, at 14:18 , Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) <retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark what is the size of the Vias you are using ?

Looks like 27 mil pad diameter with 13 mil drill diameter. They pass my DRC, and I think that OSH Park also runs DRC when files are submitted. Minimum line and space rules are both 6 mils.

> After running the OSH Park DRU file it complained to me my Vias were too
> close the the traces, but I can see your are closer than mines.

I don't know why it's working differently for you.

I assembled a couple of my CoCoEPROMpak boards while I was waiting for an autoroute job to finish on a delightful 18-layer board design at work. No, I'm not doing that one in Eagle! I added a picture near the end of my previous blog post. Here's the link again:

http://www.nf6x.net/2013/10/cocoeprompak-a-pcb-for-eproms-in-the-trs-80-color-computer-cartridge-port/

I should be able to at least try out the mechanical fit in my CoCo 3 when I get home tonight. I don't know if I'll be able to burn any EPROMs to test them electrically until this weekend, but I am eager to see if they actually work.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/