[Coco] CoCo Cassette Relay (Remote)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Oct 20 14:05:22 EDT 2013

On Sunday 20 October 2013 13:59:06 Tony Cappellini did opine:

> >>That relay is IIRC a dpdt, but could be a spdt.  If dpdt, clean the
> >>other
>
> I have to disagree with this.

Sure, why not Tony.  I wrote that with the nearest coco in the basement,
and since that relay style can come in dpdt without the cloudy case giving
a clue, only the bottom contacts would count, and of course I can't see
those since the covers are on all but 1 of my coco's, and theres a good 8"
of wood I can't see through from here.  Its called covering all the bases
to mention dpdt. :)

> There aren't enough leads on the relay in the picture that was posted,
> to be a dpdt.

I didn't look at the pix as I'd have to run firefox to follow the link.

> A dpdt relay would require 6 leads for the switch contacts,and two for
> the coil.

Total of 8.
Correct.

> There are only 5 leads visible, so that would indicate SPDT

Also correct.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not
stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown
         law-abiding citizens.