[Coco] Another Coco Virtual Disk Util

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:00:56 EDT 2013

More info. Apparently, EmuDisk does copy the files. I found two things.
First, I used EmuDisk's sector editor to change the value of that byte from
3 to 1 in all of my vhd images. I had to use the bit editor to do it, as
that is the only way I found. Then select Save changes under the file menu
in the editor window. If you select Info from the disk menu, it will still
say there are 2 heads. Ignore that, as it has no bearing. Checking the
value again it was still changed to 1 from 3.

Then, close it all out and restart EmuDisk, and open the 2 vhd images you
want to deal with. I started by copying a single file. It did not show up
in the destination window as I expected, so I closed that vhd image and
reopened it. There was the file. EmuDisk needs to let you know when it's
done by refreshing the pane.

Next I tried copying directories. It works, so long as you drag the folder
to the folder pane in the destination image window. It will also display
all the files in that folder in the destination vhd's file pane. Copying
directories is the only one that displays the results immediately. If you
are copying sub-directories, make sure the directory you want it copied to
is selected in the destination folder/directory pane. I hope this helps
those who are still having problems.

Wayne