[Coco] Looking for a ROM bin

Mike Craig mdcmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 10 15:44:58 EDT 2013

> I'm surprised that anyone uses CoCoNet at all?  Isn't it a dead product?
>
> What features does it offer over DriveWire?  Seems like it only ever
> aspired to be more-or-less the same thing to me...
>
> Just my $0.02...
>
> John

Although it's not as fast as the Super IDE, the MicroSD Drive Pak with
CoCoNet does work quite well. It might not be the sharpest tool, but it gets
the job done. I actually have 3 Direct Connect Modem Paks converted to Drive
Paks (basically did them for fun LOLz) and have 1 MicroSD Drive Pak from
Roger. I also have a Super IDE from Cloud9 and 2 CoCo3s from Cloud9 with the
Protector/6309/ & 512kb mem upgrade. It's all about variety! Currently
trying to make something out of these circuit boards I got a while back from
Roger and working on upgrading a CoCo2 16k. I can never get enough of this
hobby. :D