[Coco] Its Alive!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Oct 10 13:12:17 EDT 2013

Luis, I'll keep my 1 meg over 512k any day... :-)
I just wish it was 2 meg :-)
Nothing like having 700k of virtual memory for data space for a program. or 15 windows open, or 720k ram disk, or 10 hi res graphics pages, or etc, etc, etc,

It's really a simple upgrade other than soldering to each pin of the cpu.
The memory board plugs direcly into the memory sockets for the 512k, the 512k plugs directly into that. There's 2 power wires going to the mem board from a walwart (jack installed beside power switch), 1 power wire going from mem board to dat board and the dat board connects to the cpu. That's it. The boards are fairly simple. All parts either still available or comaptable parts can found. Hopefully, the new design will be simpler.

The keyboard interface is 2 wires, one power, the other ground, then the ribbon cable to the keyboard port. There's a jack installed for the At keyboard. The fan keeps it all cool.
My cover has a panel installed where the keyboard was and it all looks normal with the cover on, just an AT keyboard plugged into the side and no keyboard. I love it! I use my keyboard just like the PC keyboard, numberjack and all. I haven't used a Coco 3 keyboard in so long, I'd be lost on one. Perfect for OS9. The insert and delete keys even work!

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com