[Coco] FDC emulators was:Re: Its Alive!

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Oct 10 12:24:36 EDT 2013

Matt,
Glad to hear that you are still working on the FDC emulator project.
That better that I did on the project since I quit to work on more main
stream stuff.  Got to pay the bills.

Right now, I'm retooling my hardware lab for projects in the Haunt
(Halloween) prop industry.  Those guys love the way I can cut design and
manufacturing cost on products.  On one project, I took a 70 part board
from 200 mm by 170 mm to only 50 mm by 40 with 18 parts.  It would have
been smaller if not for the 4 power mosfets with heatsinks.  That board
replaces most of there high cost unique prop controller boards since the
SDcard holds not only the music & sound FX but also the scrip to how the
prop performs.

Once the lab is all paid for, I could use those tools to design more
hobby stuff like for the CoCo.

While I'm mostly know in the CoCo community for software, I'm really a
hardware guy.  But when you get right down to it, you need to know both
to be an expert in either discipline.

Steve