[Coco] Its Alive!

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Thu Oct 10 09:48:26 EDT 2013

> Am 10.10.2013 14:55, schrieb Brett Gordon:
>> Idea:  RPi as a DW server and keyboard replacement.  I think the RPi has
>> enough GPIO pins.. too bad they're 3.3 volts rather than 5 vDC
>
> And there is the idea to emulate a floppy drive with a Raspberry Pi, see:
>
> http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4251

Isn't the functionality you get with DriveWire?  Not a physical
disk emulator, but a logical disk emulator.  Seems like what they
are discussing would just be a lot of work to accomplish the same
thing.
(Don't get em wrong, I am looking at finding some hardware, and the
Pi was one option I looked at, that could emulate old disk hardware
for the PDP-11 and VAX, like RX 8" floppies which do not use the
standard 8" interface and RL02 which is another totally different
beast.  Once I get more familiar with it I am also thinking of
trying to do a DriveWire client for them.)

bill