[Coco] Sierra games and DW

Charlie Pelosi chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:50:53 EDT 2013

Thanks Bill.

That is strange then.. Nitros9.org/latest is where I downloaded it. In fact the in the newest DW4 you can choose to load the images right from the site. You don’t need to even have them local.

I tried that too. I don’t have HDBDOS on tape to try it loaded from cassette. My coco tape player is stored away somewhere.

So then what could it be about having the HDBDOS rom in a rompak that would cause the Nitros9 to stop booting? It seems to work fine when loading ML games and all that... and its not the rom itself cause that works when its plugged in a disk controller. Does something else need to be done to the rom?pcb in the rompak besides just removing the game chip and soldering in a rom? I installed a socket to easily swap roms...

It would be nice to have it work. Replacing the chip in a coco3 rompak is super easy and would allow players to load and play the games with nothing but the DW cable running to server.

Sent from Windows Mail