[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

nickma at optusnet.com.au nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 8 20:11:41 EDT 2013

> Monochrome displays were still pretty common at high resolutions in
the early 80s. Anything higher-res than a TV would be much cheaper in
monochrome, and cheaper still with a text-only interface, so yes
people used them. For word processing and terminal emulation and that
kind of thing...

Yes. I remember the "Hercules Cards" and IBM Mono display adaptors.

These were fine for running DOS Wordstar and Wordperfect. Does anyone
still use Dynastar for OS-9?

The MAC showed the world that bitmapped was the way of the future and
they all changed over eventually.

I don't know. I just feel that people outside our small CoCo group
would look at an 80x24 text only display and see it as primitive.

Can extra RAM be interfaced to make it do a bitmapped display?

Nick