[Coco] Quoting private email

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 17:43:40 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Juan Castro wrote:
> Actually, I did get in in the "non-rude" way to begin with. Just
> thought it would be useful to relay the information so people don't
> waste time looking in the wrong place. Didn't think badly of the
> vendor in any way.

When he put "professional price" in quotes it was immediately clear to
me it is tongue-in-cheek, and self-ironic on behalf of the company.
Something you would say off-record. This was meant engineer to
engineer and not as formal company communication. I think this is the
bit he regrets going public.

And I read it over and over again and does not find it condescending.
I see a bit of pride for working on this expensive equipment, but he's
perfectly honest. He even gave a friendly pointer to another product.
Referring to fiddling with 30-year old home computers as a "hobby"
activity does not offend me. I can just guess he is from the bigger
country north of here, were people are known to be direct and not
always overly diplomatic.

Cheers,
Tormod