[Coco] CoCo Keyboards...

Christopher Smith csmith at wolfram.com
Tue Oct 8 13:53:51 EDT 2013

It would probably be small enough.  Well, some of them would.  Internally they're usually hooked in by ribbon cable.  The interface may not be (likely isn't) PS/2 on the other side of the ribbon.  I suspect that some of the logic to provide the PS/2 interface, or perhaps a USB interface in some cases these days, is on the boards inside of the machine.  You might need to convert whatever that is to PS/2, and at least you'd need to do something to hook into the ribbon cable, and you'd need to find a way to keep the rather flimsy keyboard from falling back into the CoCo box.  All that done, you'd have a CoCo with only a few millimeters of key travel or you'd be back to chicklets or possibly both. :)

Chris