[Coco] too wordy?

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Oct 8 09:24:48 EDT 2013

I greatly prefer using original systems for a variety of reasons (which is
why my particular videogame and computer collection is so diverse and
varied), but there's absolutely no denying that emulation has taken our
hobby/interest/passion to levels that it would have never achieved if we
were limited to just original hardware. If you look at why classic
computers and videogames are the thriving niche that they are, it's because
of the total package of options that are a mix of old and new, real and
simulated/emulated. We'll always need the original hardware as a point of
reference, but part of preservation is accessibility, and there's no better
way to make something accessible than to emulate its functionality. I know
there's a faction that looks down on emulation, but there's something to be
said for not having to maintain and store all that finicky vintage gear.
Besides, it's not like putting energy into one or the other takes away
significant resources from one or the other. Again, it all eventually ties
back to the same end goal.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and