[Coco] PopStar Pilot - Another chapter added

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sun Oct 6 02:50:17 EDT 2013

Nick Marentes wrote:
> Chapter 9 is now up!
>
> http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nickma/PopstarPilot/index.html

> The CoCo doesn't do true interlaced video because otherwise we would have a
> vertical resolution that is double what we currently have (up to 450 lines).
> Can anyone tell me how the GIME is actually creating it's video?

I've not looked closely at the GIME, but it's probably just like the
VDG: instead of 525 line ~30Hz interlaced, it generates 262 line ~60Hz
progressive.  No half lines, etc..

BTW, nice series - good to see a game being pushed forward!  I usually
get to the "yeah you could make a game out of this technique" stage then
get distracted by shiny things.

..ciaran