[Coco] Transferring files to the MC-10

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Oct 5 18:41:28 EDT 2013

"The Hot CoCo Magazine" or "The Color Computer Magazine" had a program to
convert a tokenized file from one format to the other.   Another option is a
serial connection.  The serial ports were compatible with a null-modem
cable.  The differing waveforms and format did lead to some issues with
reading tapes from one machine to another.  90% of the time a little
tweaking of the volume did the trick though.  Much of what the CoCo's 6809
passed off to the 6821s to handle was done directly by the PoCo's 6803.
There was a definite advantage to working with the programs on a CoCo before
converting and passing them to the PoCo due to the PoCo's "tokenizing
keyboard."

Bruce W.