[Coco] Transferring files to the MC-10

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sat Oct 5 14:26:02 EDT 2013

Does anyone know anything about the MC-10, the CoCo's little brother? I'd like to see if I can port my BASIC program over to it and I'd prefer to avoid typing it all in on the goofy little keyboard. I've tried saving out the BASIC program from my CoCo2 to cassette but it never reads in right on the MC-10. I've tried saving as both BASIC and as ASCII (CSAVE"BOOGALOO",A). The ASCII version seemed promising but for whatever reason while it looks good in a listing, the whole thing ends up as a single line BASIC program which doesn't work. As binary it loads but all the tokens are different so it has things like GOSUB instead of REM, funny little graphics characters instead of FOR NEXT, etc.

The MC-10 uses the same serial port as the CoCo too, but I don't think there's a way to use the serial port as a pseudo keyboard input.